||Please let us know in the check out notes if this is a time sensitive item or contact us at Orders@bigskyanglers.com for shipping timeframes. WHEN AVAILABLE FROM THE MANUFACTURER usually ships in 1-2 business days.
Airflo Skagit Scout.
- As casting with Skagit heads with short two-hand rods and single-hand rods continues to grow in popularity, the need for a line specialized for the task grew with it.
- The Skagit Scout is the shortest head we have ever produced. It’s the perfect length for easy casts on your favorite switch rod, compact spey, or one-hand spey rod. Its extra-compact length requires minimal casting room, opening up water previously un-fishable by longer lines.
- The Skagit Scout comes in a wide range of sizes from 150gr to 540gr. As with all Skagit-style heads, it is exclusively designed to be used with a sink tip. Pair it up with a few of our sink tips (or PolyLeaders for the smallest sizes) to dial-in your favorite fly-swinging fisheries!
Features welded loops on both ends
Front Taper: The aggressive front taper allows for maximum turnover power for sink tip rigs.
Belly: The condensed belly minimizes the space needed for easy casting.
Rear Taper: The condensed rear taper makes for quick and easy loading and maximim shootability.
Suggested sink tips chart
- Sink tips: All Skagit heads are designed to exclusively be used with sink tips
- PolyLeaders: PolyLeaders are too small for all but the smallest size Scout Heads. They are a good solution for around 240gr and below if using the heavier-size PolyLeaders (salmon and salmon extra-strong)
- Running Lines: The Skagit Scout includes the head only and requires a running line. Please browse our running line options to see which one suits your purposes.